WHAT IS CBD OIL?
CBD stands for Cannabidiol (Can-a-bid-i-ol). Cannabidiol is a main component of cannabis and in an all-natural class of molecules called cannabinoids, found in the plant genus, Cannabis Sativa L. CBD makes up to 40% of the plant and is just one of over 100 compounds found in cannabis (including both hemp and marijuana). Out of all of these compounds, CBD and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) are almost always present in the highest concentrations They are, therefore, the most researched of all the phytocannabinoids found in cannabis. CBD is the non-psychoactive component that can hold a wide variety of potential benefits. It does not induce the high feelings that THC does. The human body actually has a system known as the endocannabinoid system. It utilizes cannabinoids in a variety of ways in the body. CBD oil is the purest form of cannabidiol extract from the hemp or marijuana plant, found in tincture form.
BENEFITS OF USING CBD OIL
- It can relieve pain.
- Can reduce anxiety and depression.
- Can alleviate cancer-related symptoms.
- May reduce acne.
- May have neuroprotective properties.
- Could benefit heart health.
- May help people with schizophrenia and other mental disorders.
- May help prevent the spread of breast, prostate, brain, colon and lung cancer.
- May reduce the incidence of diabetes by more than 50% and significantly reduce inflammation.
- CBD has been shown to ease symptoms related to epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease.
- May lower your risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Suppresses muscle spasms
3 Types of CBD Oil
- Full Spectrum CBD Oil – Full-spectrum or whole plant CBD, means that the CBD contains all 113 cannabinoids found in the marijuana plant. Along with these cannabinoids, full-spectrum CBD also contains trace amounts of THC, but in very low concentrations, resulting in very minimal psychoactive stimulation.
- Broad Spectrum CBD Oil – Broad Spectrum contains all the cannabinoids as full-spectrum CBD except it does not contain THC. By removing trace amounts of THC you’re left with a product that can be used confidently by anyone who cannot have traces of the psychoactive cannabinoid in their system.
- CBD Isolate – CBD isolate is simply purified CBD that has been extracted from the marijuana plant and isolated from the other cannabinoids.
KNOWN SIDE EFFECTS OF USING CBD
It should be noted that most of the above findings are based on animal studies. Research on humans has been limited but ongoing and may find even more benefits in the future.
- Changes in appetite and weight